Friday, January 25, 2013

Joy


Joy is often most needed in the times where you would assume it would be most found. My season of life right now is full of reasons to be joyful and full of thanksgiving, but it seems like the enemy is trying his best to undermine in all his little ways. I find myself bemoaning the fact that I have to go to class, when the reality is that this semester I'm taking my LAST TWO college classes every. There is a reason to rejoice!!! Then I find myself frustrated over my lack of exercise, when really my body is doing incredibly well from having just BIRTHED a BABY six months ago! Then I found myself complaining about never having a enough time to myself, but in all honesty I have a lot time at home to myself. And the the list could go on...

All those little lies of dissatisfaction, they creep into your heart, trying to counter-attack the goodness of Jesus. I see it, I understand the strategy and it ain't happening. Which brings me to testify on how good the Lord has been to me this week. He has given me opportunity and guidance to refuse the enemy's deception and choose the way of wisdom. In the process He has guarded my heart and mind and kept tongue from evil. I am to very thankful right now.

This morning I get to curl up in bed and blog, while listening to my sweet little girl sleep in her crib across the room. Now that's peace and contentment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog!